Monday, November 15, 2010

Minority Report Response

I believe that in a society, there should be security. I believe in enforcement of the law, I believe the punishment should fit the crime. Call me evil, but it's really what I believe. I'm a firm believer in having security and making sure the people of a certain region are safe. With out rules, there is Anarchy, with Anarchy, there is nothing. Anarchy isn't anything to be proud of. People think that having no rules or laws would lead to peace meanwhile, in reality, it would lead to people just getting killed in cold blood and the formation of tribalism. If one want's a fully working government, then one needs to realize there must be rules. Rules may be annoying from time to time, but with out them, there is no order.

Now, there is fine difference between freedom and government. The government has no right to infarct upon your freedom. For example, wire tapping, following where you go on the internet, watching what you buy, etc. That is just wrong, and unethical and I do not believe in this. In Minority Report, the police can arrest you for crimes that haven't even been committed yet. I personally think that this is wrong because you can never be 100% sure that these crimes WILL be committed. It's not always true, and the movie demonstrates that. It's intruding someone's life and I think it would be wrong to add something like that in our government should never add.

I think that if you are caught out in the open committing a crime, you deserve a punishment. I do not, however believe that if there is no known way of knowing that you are about to commit a crime, you should be able to have the freedom to do so. Now, that might sound odd, but hear me out. You need to understand that things happen for a reason and if you mess up the flow of life, and the life cycle in general, what is there to have? If people can't experience loss, or death, how are they ever going to fully understand life? Which is why I believe the precogs and the foreseeing of the future really shouldn't become a reality. You are messing up the life cycle and that's really not fair to humanity as a whole. To me, life is a beautiful thing, and so is death in many ways. You grow from it and learn a lot more than you can imagine. Taking away the rights to have people taken away is ruining a lot of people from feeling a certain way, which can ruin a lot of things from happening.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this may sound weird but i feel like my dad's explaining this to me and I'm sitting on the floor in awe and hes on his lazy-boy smoking a cigarette as he tells me exactly what you wrote. The whole beginning about anarchy and stuff is true and original

TeddyD said...

"Now, there is fine difference between freedom and government. The government has no right to infarct upon your freedom" cool, you gave examples and i agree with you, government and freedom are totally different.