Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Blog 4: Reflection.

So far, I have learned quite a bit about academic texts. I realized that a lot of what I thought about certain things was wrong. For example: The difference between opinion and standpoint. If I hadn’t been in class for that day, I would believe that they meant about the same exact thing. Even though I argued about certain opinions and facts that I believed were untrue, I kept an open mind. Because of that, I now know a lot more about the difference between opinionated matters and standpoints. I’m a hard headed guy and for some reason it took me a while to admit that there was a difference, but once it was explained and there were a few examples being thrown around the classroom, I realized it was all true.

The interaction with ENA 099 was interesting. I like being put in the teachers’ seat from time to time. Knowing that I was the person that was basically grading this person’s hard work was in a way pretty empowering and I enjoyed it to say the least. Trying to critique someone else’s work actually did help me understand the criteria a lot more. It does sort of make things more meaningful to comment and post on other peoples’ things when you blog. To be honest, it feels pretty good knowing that I’m helping someone out, and truly understanding where they’re coming from. Also, it felt pretty natural to comment on someone’s blog that wasn’t a classmate because I really felt as though I was helping them out with their work and I really enjoy helping people do better in anything so it felt good.

What else would I like to tell you guys? Eh, enjoy life to the fullest because you’re not promised tomorrow. Go have fun, do stupid things, just don’t get hurt or hurt anyone around you and you’ll be okay. Love the ones that deserve it and keep away from the people that give you bad vibes because those people will bring you down in the future, for real.

No comments: