Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Blog 5: Plan for my Media paper.

My topic of choice for the midterm is Rockstar Games. Rockstar is a video game developer and producer, known for their controversial as well as groundbreaking titles. In media in general, they have destroyed the third wall and took something like videogames and made art form story lines. Professional actors and actresses began to catch wind of the growing popularity and were brought along board on many of the growing titles in the collection. Not only that, Rockstar traveled to unknown lands in terms of where you can take the video game industry. Guns, drugs, violence, sex, nudity, “bad” language, and many more topics have been used in the games Rockstar produces.

In this paper, I’m going to be taking the stance of being happy that Rockstar exists and defend it against the ignorant, s*** for brains government officials and politicians that always have something to say. I am glad a company with balls exists. They keep everything they do real and never always push the envelope when it needs to be done. They constantly keep pumping out these games that just sell based on their controversy and I have so much respect for the company as a whole. When Rockstar releases a game, you know it’s going to sell, you know you’ll be entertained and you know it’ll be worth your money and time. The sources I am going to use are probably mostly going to be internet articles discussing the controversy the company has stirred up. Not only that, but growing up in a gaming environment, I have seen the side effects of the games on people, on the industry and the world of mass media. So I will be using my own account growing up on Rockstar games as a legible source because I’m living and lived through Rockstar Games.

No comments: